Research and Development Programmes
- PTDF endowment was instituted in 1997 as a step-up on infrastructural upgrade projects in eight departments in eight Federal Universities Nationwide.
- Operational guidelines include the functional supervision of two organs: National Board of Trustees (NBT) and Endowment Management Committee (EMC).
- Upon appointment, a Chair Occupant has a tenure of three years in the first instance and another two years extension based on performance.
- Eight Chairs were instituted under the programme
ANNUAL OIL AND GAS RESEARCH GRANT COMPETITION
TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE SHARING PROGRAMME (TKSP).
Technology Knowledge Sharing Programme (TKSP) was designed to generate, share, disseminate, utilize and incubate knowledge of senior and retired industry practitioners and experts with outstanding practical contributions to the energy sector in-country. It also provides a platform for the industry experts to evaluate the technical relevance of University research, the Researchers and their Research items were subjected to broad based discussion during some of the TKSP session.
E-BOOK AND RESEARCH COMMERCIALIZATION
- These are publications on compendium, peer review research reports, technology knowledge sharing programme and the journal.
- There is need to develop the platform for e-book production, management and commercialization to derive maximum benefits
- The research results from ABU had been filed for intellectual property rights which could be commercialized for industry benefits.
- The funds derived from research commercialization could be utilized as a revolving fund for the actual reinvestment and funding of PTDF activities on long term basis.